“The world’s largest (and most fun) tomato plant sale” comes to Roger’s Gardens for the 7th year. Scott Daigre and his staff of Tomatomaniacs offer an astonishing selection of heirloom and hybrid tomato plants, including new varieties for 2019 and a large selection of peppers. Also, we will be introducing the Tomato of the Year, ‘Pigletwillie’s French Black’, a very dark red with chocolate shoulders, juicy flesh and an intense full-bodied meaty taste. Immerse yourself in seminars that will leave you wanting to learn more about these special plants. Experts will answer any questions to ensure a successful tomato season.
Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned pro; have two pots on your terrace or a manicured acre, Tomatomania is a must visit with so much to see, learn, and discover:
- Learn from gardening experts who help visitors select the right plants for their garden and climate type from up to 250 varieties of tomato and pepper seedlings.
- Learn the professionals’ secrets to harvesting bigger and better crops
- Attend informational classes and hands-on demonstrations on the ABCs of Vegetable Gardening; Climate Challenges: Searing Heat to Raging Rains; Garden Invaders: Winning the Battle with Insects and Fungus; Small Space Gardening with Big Results; Peppermania: Sweet to Spicy; The Secrets to Soil Science; and much more.
- Purchase all the gardening accessories needed to ensure a successful season
- Swap ideas and stories with fellow gardeners
More than 200 varieties of tomatoes and pepper seedlings will be available at the ten SoCal Tomatomania events starting next month. Locations include:
- Roger’s Gardens – Corona del Mar
- Mission Hills Nursery – San Diego
- The Water Conservation Garden – El Cajon
- Fig Earth Supply – DTLA
- Tapia Brothers – Encino
- Otto and Sons – Fillmore
- Underwood Farm – Somis
- Descanso Gardens – La Canada Flintridge
- Seaside Gardens – Carpinteria
- Topa Mountain Winery – Ojai
Click here for more information and detailed schedule.