The Original Farmers Market will be held on Tuesday, July 14 between 5:00 p.m. and 9:00 pm. Themed ‘Best Bites,’ the Market’s special seventh annual strolling tasting tour will feature samples of some of the best offerings from Farmers Market grocers, chefs, restaurants and specialty food merchants.
‘The Taste of Farmers Market is one of our most-highly anticipated events each year,’ said Ilysha Buss, Farmers Market Marketing Director. ‘It allows our merchants to showcase some of their favorite, and many times most popular, offerings to a new audience of food lovers. We’re thrilled to be able to present this great event again this year, with a special ‘˜Best Bites’ theme.’
The inaugural Taste of Farmers Market occurred for the Market’s 75th Anniversary and has since become one of the Market’s signature celebrations. Longtime visitors will savor some of their favorite foods, including Nutella crepes, buttermilk donut holes, New Orleans Shrimp and chicken rendang. First-time attendees will have the opportunity to enjoy a tasting tour of the Market’s unique mix of cultures and cuisines.
Featured menu items for 2015 are represented by some of the Market’s longest-standing merchants and include a variety of vegetarian options. The following is just a sampling of what will be served:
- Bob’s Coffee & Doughnuts: Buttermilk Donut Hole
- The French Crepe Company: Nutella Crepes
- Monsieur Marcel French Gourmet Market & Restaurant: Mini Cheese Plate
- The Salad Bar: Assorted Fresh Fruit Smoothies
- Marmalade CafÃ©: Tuna tartare
- Planet Dailies: Truffle Mac and Cheese
- Tusquellas Fish & Oyster Bar: New Orleans Shrimp
- Singapore’s Banana Leaf : Chicken Rendang
- China Depot : Chow Mein
- Peking Kitchen: Orange Chicken and Egg Roll
- Magic Nut and Candy Company: Caramel Corn
- Bryan’s Pit Barbeque: Chopped BBQ Beef Sandwich
- Zia Valentina : Waffle Shot with Espresso
- Bennett’s Ice Cream : Handmade Ice Cream
- The Refresher: Root Beer Floats
Admission to Taste of Farmers Market is $40.00 in advance and $45.00 at the door. Advance purchase is recommended. Advance tickets are now available at www.farmersmarketla.com, or in person at the Farmers Market Office located at 6333 West 3rd Street Los Angeles, Ca. 90036 on the second level above Gate One (open until 7 p.m. daily). A 10% discount is available for group purchases of 10 or more tickets. Admission also includes free parking for the event for vehicles parked in the Farmers Market’s surface parking lots or The Grove parking structure.