Easter Brunch at Fig & Olive, Newport Beach.
This Easter Sunday (Mar. 27), Fashion Island’s olive oil oasis, FIG & OLIVE Newport Beach, welcomes friends and family alike to celebrate over a three-course prix-fixe brunch ($40*) in honor of the egg-ceptional holiday. Serving from 11am to 3:45pm, the team’s seasonally-inspired menu evokes the bright tastes of the coastal Riviera balanced with the full and ripe flavors of locally-sourced fruits and vegetables, including:
• Provencal Carrot & Thyme Soup – silky heirloom baby carrots, celery, onions, garlic, thyme, and an olive oil crouton ← recipe included in the brand’s debut cookbook, “FIG & OLIVE: The Cuisine of the French Riviera”
• Crab Salad – jumbo lump crab, celery, celeriac, snow pea, green apple, lime, cilantro, scallion, horseradish mayo, and pink peppercorn
• Vegetarian Quiche – mushroom, spinach, parmesan, and shallots baked in a savory tart of puff pastry and served alongside little gem lettuce tossed with crispy shallots, chives, and a citrus dressing
• Steak & Eggs – marinated beef with herbs accompanied by roasted fingerling potatoes, a sunny fried egg, and chimichurri sauce
• Riviera Salmon – crisply seared salmon, grilled asparagus, braised fennel, pea purée, lemon zest, and an Arbequina olive oil emulsion
• Clementine Vacherin – blood orange coulis, clementine sorbet, white chocolate mousse, and meringue