100 Civic Center Dr
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Times of Day vary.
Spoil your friends and family by giving your loved ones an experience unlike any other!
Tickets are on sale now for the highly-acclaimed Newport Beach Wine & Food event, which will return for its much-anticipated sixth installment from Thursday, October 3 – Sunday, October 6. This year’s event boasts an elevated and expanded wine program, appearances from Food Network stars and James Beard Award winners, as well as a host of new events like the Celebrity Chef Golf Tournament, Opening Night Gala with live auction benefiting Covenant House, and rare vertical library wine tastings from Opus One and JUSTIN Vineyard & Wineries. Also new to Newport Beach Wine & Food is an exclusive Diamond Club ticket, which grants access to the reserve Diamond Club Lounge featuring exceptional tastings from Hundred Acre, The Mascot, and Realm; cocktail service; scheduled meet and greets with master sommeliers and celebrity chefs; early entrance to the Pacific Sales Grand Tasting; and many more one-of-a-kind perks.
Tickets for the Grand Tasting and select VIP events can be purchased here!
6TH ANNUAL NEWPORT BEACH WINE & FOOD ANNOUNCES OFFICIAL WEEKEND ITINERARY
INCLUDING AWARD-WINNING CHEFS, RESTAURANTS, AND WINERIES
The Limited Tickets Remaining Are Disappearing Fast, With Several Events Already Sold Out
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (September 5, 2019) – With less than one month before the return of the Pacific Sales Newport Beach Wine & Food Festival presented by Jaguar Land Rover, the highly-anticipated culinary event has released its official lineup of celebrity chef demonstrations and participating restaurants and wineries. Numerous events are already sold out, but limited tickets are still available for both Saturday and Sunday’s Pacific Sales Grand Tasting, the exclusive Diamond Club Lounge experience, Fire It Up waterfront barbecue at Balboa Bay Resort, Opening Night Gala benefiting Covenant House, JUSTIN Isosceles vertical library tasting, and the Cristal & Caviar Pairing hosted by renowned chef Hubert Keller and OC’s beloved Chef Alan Greeley of the former Golden Truffle.
The weekend’s full itinerary is below, which details the engaging and interactive demos from several James Beard award winners and celebrity chefs like Richard Blais, Brooke Williamson, Art Smith, Antonia Lofaso, Casey Thompson, and more, plus the top-tier restaurants and wineries participating in each Grand Tasting event.
Four-Day Event Itinerary
Thursday, October 3
- SOLD OUT: Golf Tournament at Pelican Hill Resort & Golf Club: Gourmet brunch prepared by former private chef to Oprah Winfrey, chef Art Smith, as well as the “Bear-Naked Chef” Adrian De Berardinis and Bravo Top Chef’s Carrie Baird. Offerings will feature hand-crafted dishes, including chef Art Smith’s world famous fried chicken and waffles, to be enjoyed alongside the ultimate bloody mary and mimosa bar. This exquisite meal will be followed by a golf tournament among the lush hills and jaw-dropping ocean views at the exclusive 5 star Pelican Hill Golf Club, where all participants will get the opportunity to tee off with two professional golfers during the 18-hole tournament.
- Opening Night Gala and Dinner at Newport Beach Country Club benefitting Covenant House: Cocktail reception with signature cocktails, Cristal Champagne, and hand-passed canapés followed by a five-course dinner prepared by Bravo’s Top Chef All-Stars Richard Blais, Kelsey Barnard Clark, Antonia Lofaso and John Tesar. Mix and mingle with visiting chefs and enjoy a live auction featuring luxe items such as jewels by KBrunini, a custom package by Haberdasher David August, magnums of ultra-rare Hundred Acre wines, and more. Emceed and hosted by the most entertaining wine and spirit authority on the planet, Anthony Giglio, Contributing Writer of Food & Wine Magazine.
Friday, October 4
- SOLD OUT: Luxury Estate Tour & Progressive Lunch: Hosted by celebrity chef and Food Network star Richard Blais, the tour begins with a glass of bubbly in-hand at Balboa Bay Resort and is followed by private tours of luxurious Newport Beach estates and a progressive lunch inspired by Blais.
- Fire It Up! at Balboa Bay Resort: The ultimate waterfront barbecue featuring Bravo’s Top Chef All-Stars’ Brooke Williamson, Shirley Chung, Casey Thompson, John Tesar, Carrie Baird, Philippe Haddad, Jean Alberti and Brian Huskey grilling over open flames overlooking the picturesque Newport Harbor. Indulge in wine, spirits, and beer while dancing to the rhythm of live music from reggae group Common Sense.
- SOLD OUT: Interactive Dinner with Chef Antonia Lofaso: Learn to prepare a classic Mediterranean meal from Bravo’s Top Chef fan-favorite Antonia Lofaso. Guests will be guided through each step of the cooking process and enjoy a lively, highly-interactive demo.
Saturday, October 5
- SOLD OUT: Riedel Master Glass Education and Wine Tasting: Dive deep into the history of glassmaking and learn how the shape and quality can amplify a wine’s bouquet, flavor, balance and finish, as demonstrated with wines from Crimson Wine Group.
- SOLD OUT: Opus One Vertical Library Tasting: This extremely rare tasting will unlock four decades of the world-renowned Opus One cellar, including six tastings of a varietal from 1981, 1984, 1991, 2005, 2009 and 2016. Learn from a panel of the industry’s top talent from Opus One, MGM Resorts and Hundred Acre.
- Pacific Sales Grand Tasting at Newport Beach Civic Center: Includes dynamic cooking demonstrations on the Pacific Sales stage from Brooke Williamson, Casey Thompson, Shirley Chung, John Tesar, Kelsey Bernard Clark, and Antonia Lofaso. Also included are endless bites from OC’s top restaurants like Bourbon Steak, Louie’s by the Bay and Descanso, plus 250 varieties of wine, spirits, and brews, live music, and more. VIP Platinum and general admission tickets are available.
- Diamond Club Lounge: This premium experience, with limited availability, includes early VIP entrance to the Pacific Sales Grand Tasting; access to a reserve Diamond Club Lounge; Petrossian Caviar tastings; meet-and-greets with master sommeliers and celebrity chefs; two hour exclusive wine tastings followed by cocktail service; a special edition Riedel Extreme Wine Glass and wine yolk; and tastings from more than a dozen wineries featuring Opus One, Hundred Acre, and more, as well as the opportunity to join the exclusive, closed mailing lists for these sought-after wineries.
Sunday, October 6
- SOLD OUT: Nobu Cooking Demonstration and Lunch prepared by Chef Nobu Matsuhisa at Nobu Newport Beach.
- Cristal & Petrossian Caviar Tasting featuring five cuvées of Louis Roederer Cristal champagne expertly paired with five mother-of-pearl spoons of Petrossian Caviar. Hosted by celebrity chef Hubert Keller of Fleur and renowned Orange County chef Alan Greely of the former Golden Truffle.
- SOLD OUT: Cult Wines of Napa Seminar featuring six cutting-edge Cabernets made by the “cult” winemakers of Napa including Hundred Acre, Schrader, Morlet, Ovid, Melka, and Fairchild. Hear how each renegade Cabernet was made, as told by the vintners and winemakers themselves.
- JUSTIN Isosceles Vertical Library Tasting: Taste six vintages of JUSTIN Vineyard & Winery’s most sought-after varietals, ISOSCELES. Learn about the evolution of this iconic, world-class Cabernet Sauvignon directly from master sommelier Joe Spellman. Emceed and hosted by the most entertaining wine and spirit authority on the planet, Anthony Giglio, Contributing Writer of Food & Wine Magazine.
- Pacific Sales Grand Tasting at Newport Beach Civic Center: Includes dynamic cooking demonstrations on the Pacific Sales stage from Richard Blais, Art Smith, Adrian de Bernardinis, Hubert Keller, Philippe Haddad, and Jamie Gwen. Also included are endless bites from OC’s top restaurants like Pizzeria Mozza, Crack Shack, AVEO Table + Bar and CUCINA Enoteca, plus 250 varieties of wine, spirits, and brews, live music, and more. VIP Platinum and general admission tickets are available.
- Diamond Club Experience: This premium experience, with limited availability, includes early VIP entrance to the Pacific Sales Grand Tasting; access to a reserve Diamond Club Lounge; Petrossian Caviar tastings; meet-and-greets with master sommeliers and celebrity chefs; two hour exclusive wine tastings followed by cocktail service; a special edition Riedel Extreme Wine Glass and wine yolk; and tastings from more than a dozen wineries featuring Opus One, Hundred Acre, and more, as well as the opportunity to join the exclusive, closed mailing lists for these sought-after wineries.
Wineries participating in various events throughout the weekend include world-class vintners like Opus One, JUSTIN, Chateau Montelena, Booker, Bernardus, Allegretto and many more.
The Newport Beach Wine & Food Festival has partnered with Covenant House as its charitable partner for 2019. Covenant House provides housing and supportive services to youth facing homelessness. Each year, they help more than 80,000 homeless, runaway and trafficked young people transform their lives and help set them on a path to independence. Visit www.covenanthousecalifornia.org for more information.