February 6, 2019
8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Register by February 3, 2019
SoCalGas Energy Resource Center
9240 Firestone Blvd
Downey, CA 90241
Learn how natural gas operates safely in your commercial foodservice kitchen. Every hour of downtime can increase your labor and food costs which will affect your kitchen. Increase your knowledge of natural gas properties, natural gas-fired cooking equipment, combustion principles, and safety guidelines. Controls, pressures, regulators, burners, thermostats, ventilation and NOx issues affecting your kitchen will be addressed. Information on energy efficiency, conservation, and rebates to help businesses save money and energy will be presented.
Attendees can learn:
- Physical properties of natural gas: odorless, non-toxic and lighter than air
- Fundamentals of natural gas combustion
- How natural gas regulators and various controls function
- Troubleshooting and safety skills for kitchen equipment
- How to identify cost savings and rebates for qualified energy-efficient equipment