Take the chance to taste flavors of Venezuela this September on the 12-country Latin American 2017 tour, located at Fuego in Hotel Maya.
Fuego guests looking for an extended Venezuela experience will also enjoy the daily offerings of Venezuelan specialties such as “Camarones Cocotero” with sautéed jumbo gulf shrimp, cilantro pesto, crispy plantains, Yucca mashed and organic greens. The featured Venezuelan dessert is “Mango Flan” with caramelized milk flan, fresh mango and cream. The Venezuelan drink of the month is a refreshing “Tizana” with rum, fresh fruits including blended pineapple, watermelon, cantaloupe, bananas and grapes; orange juice and grenadine.
Fuego, the modern, Latin infused indoor-outdoor restaurant and lounge, offers a unique seaside setting featuring 13-foot-tall glass walls that fully retract with seating inside and on the patio area. Fuego’s stunning open-air views include the Pacific Ocean, Long Beach skyline and Queen Mary.
“Guests are encouraged to visit Venezuela right here in Fuego for Sunday brunch or throughout the month for authentic Venezuelan food and drink specials,” said Jeff Dieter, Director of Restaurants at Hotel Maya – a DoubleTree by Hilton. “Complimentary Latin dance lessons will also be offered during Sunday’s Venezuelan brunch along with live Latin jazz all at the water’s edge.”
For September, Executive Chef Juarez has prepared a culinary tour stop in Venezuela that begins with sensational Salads featuring Salpicon, Ensalada Russa, aka beet and potato salad, Hearts of Palm Salad, Caesar Salad, Sweet Potato Salad, Tuna and Cabbage, and Butternut Squash; along with domestic and imported cheeses, smoked salmon and condiments, sliced fresh fruits, shrimp cocktail and cocktail mixto.
Enjoy Fuego’s fresh selection of Venezuelan Empanadas and Arepas with cabbage escabeche and fresh homemade salsas.
Venezuelan Brunch entrees are ordered from the server.
- Chimichurri Bistec a Caballo, with grilled skirt steak, fried eggs, potato casserole and fried plantains
- Fuego Eggs Benedict, with two poached eggs, sautéed spinach, applewood smoked bacon, English muffins, hollandaise sauce and oven-roasted tomato
- Pabellón Criollo, with shredded London broil steak, black beans, steamed white rice and tajadas
- Pernil Horneado, with slow-roasted pork, steamed white rice, black beans and sweet caramelized plantains
- Pandulce French Toast, with strawberry cream stacked brioche, toasted candied pecans, maple syrup and whipped cream
- Fillet of Salmon, with pan-seared salmon, avocado, tomato, patacones and cabbage escabeche
- Pargo Rojo, with pan-seared red snapper, green plantains, pickled cabbage, tomato and cucumber
- Camarones Cocotero, sautéed jumbo gulf shrimp, cilantro pesto, crispy plantains, Yucca mashed and organic greens
- Maine Lobster, with whole Maine lobster, curry coconut sauce, white rice and cabbage escabeche – for an additional $10.
A variety of delicious Venezuelan desserts include mini breakfast pastries, tres leches cake, arroz con leche, and mango flan and caramel sauce; along with assorted mini cakes, vanilla raisin bread pudding, pineapple empanadas and coffee merinque cookies.
The Latin American Brunch Series – Venezuela costs $55.00 per adult and children, 13 and older; $27.50 for children, 12 and under; kids 5 and under feast for free; plus tax and gratuity. For Venezuela Brunch Buffet reservations, which are strongly encouraged, please call 562-481-3910 or visithttp://www.facebook.com/fuegolongbeach.
For an additional $10, guests will enjoy endless sparkling wine or mimosas. Complimentary glass of sparkling wine or cider, coffee, decaffeinated coffee, tea, juice or soft drinks will be served.
The Latin American Brunch series continues to Guatemala on October 29, Peru on November 19, and Nicaragua on December 17. The Latin American Brunch series’ first eight stops were Cuba in January, Argentina in February, Costa Rica in March, Colombia in April, Mexico in May, El Salvador in June, Brazil in July and Chile in August.
Fuego is a modern, Latin infused dining and lounge experience in a unique indoor-outdoor setting at the water’s edge. Famous for its handcrafted margaritas, Fuego also boasts one of the largest tequila selections in the region. Fuego restaurant is open daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. and Fuego lounge is open daily from 11 a.m. to midnight.
Hotel Maya – a DoubleTree by Hilton is located at 700 Queensway Drive, Long Beach, CA 90802.