700 Queensway Dr
Long Beach, CA 90802
Take the chance to taste flavors of Guatemala this October on the 12-country Latin American 2017 tour, located at Fuego in Hotel Maya.
Fuego, the modern, Latin infused indoor-outdoor restaurant and lounge, offers a unique seaside setting featuring 13-foot-tall glass walls that fully retract with seating inside and on the patio area. Fuego’s stunning open-air views include the Pacific Ocean, Long Beach skyline and Queen Mary.
“Guests are encouraged to visit Guatemala right here in Fuego for Sunday brunch or throughout the month for authentic Guatemalan food and drink specials,” said Jeff Dieter, Director of Restaurants at Hotel Maya – a DoubleTree by Hilton. “Complimentary Latin dance lessons will also be offered during Sunday’s Guatemalan brunch along with live Latin jazz all at the water’s edge.”
- Chimichurri Bistec a Caballo, with grilled skirt steak, fried eggs, potato casserole and fried plantains
- Fuego Eggs Benedict, with two poached eggs, sautéed spinach, applewood smoked bacon, English muffins, hollandaise sauce and oven-roasted tomato
- Pabellón Criollo, with shredded London broil steak, black beans, steamed white rice and tajadas
- Pernil Horneado, with slow-roasted pork, steamed white rice, black beans and sweet caramelized plantains
- Pandulce French Toast, with strawberry cream stacked brioche, toasted candied pecans, maple syrup and whipped cream
- Fillet of Salmon, with pan-seared salmon, avocado, tomato, patacones and cabbage escabeche
- Pargo Rojo, with pan-seared red snapper, green plantains, pickled cabbage, tomato and cucumber
- Camarones Cocotero, sautéed jumbo gulf shrimp, cilantro pesto, crispy plantains, Yucca mashed and organic greens
- Maine Lobster, with whole Maine lobster, curry coconut sauce, white rice and cabbage escabeche – for an additional $10.
A variety of delicious Guatemalan desserts include an assortment of mini pastries, tres leches cake, arroz con leche, coconut rum flan and caramel sauce, vanilla raisin bread pudding, pineapple empanadas, pineapple upside-down cake and vanilla meringue cookies.
The Latin American Brunch Series – Guatemala costs $55.00 per adult and children, 13 and older; $27.50 for children 12 and under; kids 5 and under feast for free; plus tax and gratuity. For Guatemala Brunch Buffet reservations, which are strongly encouraged, please call 562-481-3910 or visit http://www.facebook.com/fuegolongbeach.
For an additional $10, guests will enjoy endless sparkling wine or mimosas. Complimentary glass of sparkling wine or cider, coffee, decaffeinated coffee, tea, juice or soft drinks will be served.
The Latin American Brunch series continues to Peru on November 19, and Nicaragua on December 17. The Latin American Brunch series’ first nine stops were Cuba in January, Argentina in February, Costa Rica in March, Colombia in April, Mexico in May, El Salvador in June, Brazil in July, Chile in August and Venezuela in September.
Fuego is a modern, Latin infused dining and lounge experience in a unique indoor-outdoor setting at the water’s edge. Famous for its handcrafted margaritas, Fuego also boasts one of the largest tequila selections in the region. Fuego restaurant is open daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. and Fuego lounge is open daily from 11 a.m. to midnight.
Hotel Maya – a DoubleTree by Hilton is located at 700 Queensway Drive, Long Beach, CA 90802.