Last year, Sarah Marquis hosted OC Wine Mart & Deli’s first tasting at their Orange store. This year, they will be joined virtually by her son, Luke Marquis, all the way from Down Under. Mollydooker is Australia’s best winery known for making world class wines, especially Shiraz. The term Mollydooker is Aussie slang for “left hander’, a befitting name for their company as both the founders are Mollydookers.
In 2006, after working many years for others, Sparky and Sarah Marquis started their own winery. They were off to a good start as Robert Parker promptly rated The Boxer as the “Best Value Red Wine in the World”. These days, Sarah and Sparky are pursuing their own paths, with Sarah taking the reins as sole owner and winemaker with her children.
Please join OC Wine Mart & Deli in meeting special guest: “Blue Eyed Boy” Luke Marquis. As a child, he was affectionately nicknamed the Blue-Eyed Boy, which has become one of Mollydooker’s most successful Shiraz labels. Luke is an integral part of the viticulture team and is responsible for implementing the Marquis Vineyard Watering Program, and managing the vineyards that produces award-winning Mollydooker Wines year after year.
Date: Thursday, September 24th
Place: Your computer, iPad, or phone
Mollydooker Tasting Set – $100 for set of 3 wines ($120 Value)
Optional add-on: Mollydooker Enchanted Path $79.98
Optional Cheese Pairing: $30
The wines being tasted are:
- Mollydooker The Scooter Merlot – Pair with Cave-Aged Gruyere
- Mollydooker The Boxer Shiraz – Pair with Prosciutto
- Mollydooker The Blue Eyed Boy Shiraz – Pair with Huntsman
- Optional: Mollydooker Enchanted Path – Pair with Huntsman
RSVP: Please respond to this email or call/text 714-785-5451 to order your Tasting Sets & RSVP.
RSVP for Upcoming Virtual Tastings:
- October 9 – Duckhorn Tasting
- October 16 – Daou Tasting with Master Sommelier Fred Dame
- October 22 – Orin Swift Encore Tasting with Dave Phinney
- October 29 – Prisoner Wine Company Tasting
- November 13 – Olive Oil & Wine Tasting with Grgich Hills
- November 19 – En Route & Far Niente Winery Tasting