2000 2nd St
Coronado, CA 92118
Get in touch with your celestial side in one of the most stunning settings to watch the full moon rise.
Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa, located on Coronado Island just across the bay from downtown San Diego, kicks off fall with its new Lunar Dinner Feast series. The second dinner of the series, the Oaxacan Feast, held on the resort’s private pier overlooking the San Diego skyline and San Diego Bay, puts guests in touch with their celestial side in one of the most stunning settings to watch the full moon rise. The al fresco pier dining experience crafted by Executive Chef Michael Poompan and guest Chef Sara Polczynski, features authentic flavors and ingredients from the Oaxaca area of Mexico. The $80 dinner includes wine pairings with adobe Guadalupe wines.
Lunar Dinner Feast: Oaxacan Feast menu includes:
• Agua Frescas: cucumber & mint
• Tostada de Pulpo Asado: vanilla bean & pasilla oaxacan glaze, Jamaica goat cheese, candied almonds
• Empanada de Hongo: quesillo cheese, pepian sauce, sautéed greens
• Sope de Chorizo: black beans, sweet potato, cheese
• Mezcal: Orange, sal de guisano, chapulines, oaxacan style peanuts
• Ensalada de La Tierra: guava, tangerine, pomegranate, queso fresco, pepicha & grilled onion dressing
• Tamal de Frijoles Negro y Hoja Santa: tomatillo & arbol salsa
• Roasted Fall Vegetables: guajillo-honey glaze
• Mole Negro: braised chicken thighs
• Mole Rojo: pork tenderloin
• Capirotada: Mexican chocolate bread pudding
• Oaxacan Hot Chocolate
• Viva Pops Paletas: coconut, passion fruit-guava
For more information, visit www.marriott.com.