700 Queensway Drive
Long Beach, CA 90802
Fuego at Hotel Maya Announces Latin-Inspired
Culinary and Mixology Classes for 2015
Fuego’s First Class Is Mayan Chocolate for Couples on Valentine’s Day,
Followed by Margaritas in Spring, Sangria Summer Kick off, Ceviche in
Summer, Latin Late-Summer Triple Shots, and Guacamole for the Fall
Hotel Maya sets the cooking stage in the restaurant and mixes it up in the lounge with Fuego’s 2015 Latin-inspired, authentic culinary and mixology classes beginning Saturday, February 14 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The Valentine’s Day Mayan Chocolate for Couples culinary class is led by Executive Chef Victor Juarez and highlights the Mayan’s discovery of cocoa for cooking and the universal love for chocolate.
Guests will focus on the preparation of chocolate items that will culminate in a three-course chocolate lunch beginning with Arugula and Prosciutto, Chocolate Infused with strawberries, chocolate candied walnuts and balsamic chocolate dressing. The entree includes Chocolate Mole Chicken with poached breast of chicken breast, chocolate mole negro, roasted sesame seeds, steamed jasmine rice and grilled calabacitas. Dessert is Banana and Chocolate CrÃªpes with vanilla custard, vehrona chocolate, raspberry couli and vanilla gelato.
The Mayan Chocolate for Couples class is $25 per person and is limited to 20 guests.
The Fuego Culinary and Mixology Classes occur in February, April, May, July, September and November and include:
– Mayan Chocolate for Couples, Culinary Class, Valentine’s Day, Saturday, February 14, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Guests will enjoy a variety of chocolate cooking techniques, recipes and lunch.
– Margarita Classico, Mixology Class, Saturday, April 25, 3-5 p.m. Truly a great way for guests to celebrate spring break.
– Sangria! Sangria!, Mixology Class, Saturday, May 16, 3-5 p.m. Guests will enjoy a refreshing kick-off to the summer season.
– Ceviche Fresco, Culinary Class, Saturday, July 25, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Guests will learn to prepare this light and refreshing summer dish and lunch.
– Latin Triple Shots with The Caipirinha, The Mojito and The Pina Colada, Mixology Class, Saturday, September 26, 3-5 p.m. Guests will lean into late summer by learning about three delicious rum drinks that highlight Brazil, Cuba and Puerto Rico.
– Guacamole de Fuego, Culinary Class, Saturday, November 14, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Fuego guests will celebrate the holiday and football seasons with this fan favorite along with lunch.
“Each year we present our guests with opportunities to learn more about Mayan culture through food, entertainment and the arts,” said Kristi Allen, General Manager at Hotel Maya a Doubletree by Hilton. “Fuego’s classes offer authentic Latin-inspired culinary and mixology experiences in an extraordinary venue.”
Fuego, the modern, Latin-infused indoor-outdoor restaurant and lounge, offers a unique seaside setting featuring 13-foot-tall glass walls that fully retract with seating inside and on the patio area. Fuego’s stunning open-air views include the Pacific Ocean, Long Beach skyline and Queen Mary.
Famous for its handcrafted margaritas, Fuego also boasts one of the largest tequila selections in the region. Fuego restaurant is open daily from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Fuego lounge is open daily at 11 a.m. For reservations, which are strongly encouraged, please call 562-481-3910 or visit http://www.facebook.com/fuegolongbeach.
Hotel Maya a DoubleTree by Hilton is located at 700 Queensway Drive, Long Beach, CA 90802. For additional information or to make room reservations, please call 562-435-7676, visit http://www.hotelmayalongbeach.com or like http://www.facebook.com/hotelmaya.