The celebration may be for the dead, but the party will definitely be live as Hotel Maya celebrates “Dia de Los Muertos” in Fuego on Friday, November 1 from 5-10 p.m. A special holiday performance will also feature live salsa music by the 4-piece “Susie Hansen Latin Band” on Saturday, November 2 from 5-9 p.m.
Fuego will mark one of the most important Mexican holidays as death is celebrated and the departed honored. A special artistic and beautiful alter will be set up in Fuego and Hotel Maya guests and employees are encouraged to bring artifacts to remember passed loved ones.
The “Dia de Los Muertos” party on Friday, November 1 will feature a variety of drink and food specials and live Latin music and DJ throughout the evening including:
– Live music by Rock En Espanol “Vintage3” alternating with DJ music from 5-10 p.m.
– A unique Sugar Skull Face Painting artist will provide guests with complimentary authentic Mexican designs.
– Fuego Street Corn Station featuring Elote Callejero, a traditional Mexican grilled corn on the cobb and covered in a special mayonnaise, cotija, tajin and chili sauce.
– Fuego Taco Cart with Cilantro Jalapeno Carne Asada, Cilantro Lime Chicken and Mahi-Mahi with fire roasted salsa, mango pico de gallo and jalapeno cream.
– Fuego complimentary Fresh Chips and Salsa station with fired roasted salsa, and salsa brava.
– Day of the Dead sweet treats including Pan de Muerto, Churros with caramel sauce, Empanadas de crema, Pineapple upside down cake and Buñuelos.
– El Jimador Tequila and Signature Mexican beer complimentary samplings.
– Fuego margaritas and Mexican beer specials.
Fuego restaurant is open daily from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Fuego lounge is open daily at 11 a.m. For reservations, call 562.481.3910 or visit www.facebook.com/fuegolongbeach.