Dia De Los Muertos Celebration at Hotel Maya’s Fuego:
The celebration may be for the dead, but the party will definitely be live as Hotel Maya celebrates “Dia de Los Muertos” in Fuego on Wednesday, Nov. 1 from 5-9 p.m.
Fuego guests will mark one of the most important Mexican holidays as death is celebrated and the departed honored. A special artistic and beautiful alter will be set up in Fuego and Hotel Maya guests and employees are encouraged to bring artifacts to remember passed loved ones.
Fuego’s “Dia de Los Muertos” party will feature a variety of drink and food specials and live Salsa music throughout the evening including:
– Live Salsa music by the 4-piece Susie Hansen Latin Band from 5-9 p.m.
– A unique Sugar Skull Face Painting artist will provide guests with authentic Mexican designs, free.
– Fuego Tamale Station presenting sweet and savory tamales with mole Negro, poblano and sweet pineapple sauce, $3.
– Fuego Street Corn Station featuring traditional Mexican grilled corn on a stick and covered in a specialty jalapeno cream sauce, $3.
– Fuego Taco Cart with Chipotle Carne Asada, Birria and Cilantro Lime Chicken with pickled onion and fire roasted salsa, $3.
– Fuego Fresh Chips and Salsa station with homemade salsas, free.
– Corralejo Tequila sampling, free, and Corralejo Tequila flights, $15.
– Fuego specialty margaritas, $5, and Mexican beers including Corona, Modelo and Pacifico, $3.
“Fuego is a terrific location to celebrate Mexico’s most-popular holiday. There will be a beautiful altar prepared to honor passed loved ones of our guests and employees, and a variety of activities to celebrate the day,” Jeff Dieter, Director of Restaurants at Hotel Maya – a DoubleTree by Hilton. “Guests will enjoy Mexican culture at its best from live Salsa music to authentic food and drink during our evening of traditional reverence and festivities.”
For more information visit hotelmayalongbeach.com