700 Queensway Dr
Long Beach, CA 90802
Dia de Los Muertos Party Hosted by Fuego, The Mexican
Holiday Celebrates Death And Honors The Departed
Live Salsa music and Sugar Skull Face Painting will fire-up the Fuego fiesta while partiers enjoy
Tamales, Guacamole Bar and Fuego Taco Cart, along with tequila sampling and drink specials
LONG BEACH, Calif., (October 06, 2016) – The party will be live as Hotel Maya celebrates “Dia de Los Muertos” in Fuego on Tuesday, Nov. 1 from 5-9 p.m.
Fuego will help guests revel-in one of the most important Mexican holidays as death is celebrated and the departed honored. Hotel Maya will have a special artistic and beautiful alter set-up in Fuego and encourages guests to bring artifacts to remember passed loved ones.
The Fuego “Dia de Los Muertos” party will also feature a variety of drink and food specials and live Salsa music throughout the evening including these favorites:
– Live Salsa music by the 4-piece Susan Hansen Latin Band from 5-9 p.m.
– A unique Sugar Skull Face Painting artist will provide guests with free authentic Mexican designs.
– Fuego Tamale Station presenting sweet and savory tamales with mole Negro, poblano and sweet pineapple sauce.
– Guacamole Station with avocado, onion, cilantro, mango, pomegranate, lime, pico de gallo and corn relish.
– Fuego Taco Cart offering tacos with Chipotle Carne Asada, Birria and Cilantro Lime Chicken with pickled onion, fire roasted salsa and jalapeno cream street corn.
– Fuego specialty margaritas, $5, and various Mexican beers, $3.
“Fuego is the perfect location to celebrate this popular Mexican holiday. We have a variety of activities planned including a beautiful altar prepared to honor passed loved ones of our guests and employees,” said Kristi Allen, Vice President of Hotel Operations at Hotel Maya – a Doubletree by Hilton. “From live Salsa music to authentic Mexican fare, guests will enjoy a fun-filled evening of tradition and festivities.”
Fuego, the modern, Latin infused indoor-outdoor restaurant and lounge, offers a unique seaside setting featuring 13-foot-tall glass walls that fully retract with seating inside and on the patio area. Fuego’s stunning open-air views include the Pacific Ocean, Long Beach skyline and Queen Mary.
Famous for its handcrafted margaritas, Fuego also boasts one of the largest tequila selections in the region. Fuego restaurant is open daily from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Fuego lounge is open daily at 11 a.m. For reservations, call 562-481-3910 or visit http://www.facebook.com/fuegolongbeach.
Hotel Maya – a DoubleTree by Hilton is located at 700 Queensway Drive, Long Beach, CA 90802. For additional information or to make room reservations, please call 562-435-7676, visit http://www.hotelmayalongbeach.com or like http://www.facebook.com/hotelmaya.