CuisineType : Cheese
Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board to Host Foodservice Teachers at Cheese-Education Symposium in May
The Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board (WMMB) seeks 10 post secondary foodservice instructors to participate in an expenses-paid, three-day tour of cheese making in Wisconsin as well as participate in a developmental symposium for cheese educational resources, May 20-23, 2012.
Deadline for application is March 16, 2012.
- The instructor should be involved with teaching garde manger, product identification or other course(s) that involve educating culinary students in cheese applications, pairings or cheese making.
- During the three-day symposium (which will consist of two half days of ideation sessions in addition to touring dairy farms, cheese plants and a special dinner at Potosi Brewery), instructors should be prepared to discuss and share their own educational best practices in the area of cheese education.
- Instructors must be from post secondary institutions.
- Name/title/contact information
- School name/description of program
- Résumé or curriculum vitae
- Courses taught
- Brief description of how the applicant incorporates cheese into his/her current curriculum
All materials should be sent electronically to [email protected] Notification to successful candidates will be no later than April 13, 2012.
Qualified applicants must be able to commit to the three-day tour. Basic expenses will be paid by the WMMB ($500 maximum air-travel allowance). No additional guests are allowed. This event is by invitation only. Information is available at www.CafeMeetingPlace.com under “Contests.”