26th Annual Mardi Gras Celebration at The Original Farmers Market
Three days of family-friendly festivities include traditional New Orleans food, music and more
WHAT:The Original Farmers Market hosts its 26th Annual Mardi Gras Celebration. The three-day affair features all of the New Orleans staples: bead throwing, beignets, Dixie beer, face painting, world class Cajun gumbo and jambalaya from The Gumbo Pot and, of course, an all-star music lineup. The Market will be festooned in the traditional Mardi Gras colors of purple, green and gold.
Events scheduled for visitors of every age, rain or shine.
The Original Farmers at Third & Fairfax
6333 W. Third Street, Los Angeles
Saturday, Feb. 14, 2-8 p.m.
Sunday, Feb.15, 12-7 p.m.
Fat Tuesday, Feb. 17, 6-9 p.m.
The Original Farmers Market has been Los Angeles’ favorite gathering place since 1934. With over 100 grocers, retailers and restaurants, the Farmers Market is a beloved destination for locals and one of the top tourist destinations in Los Angeles. For more information on The Original Farmers Market, visit www.farmersmarketla.com.
Saturday, February 14
- 2 to 5 p.m.: The Wabash Wailers (Mardi Gras Parade Band), strolling throughout the Market
- 5 to 8 p.m.: Eddie Baytos & The Nervis Bros, West Patio
Sunday, February 15
- Noon to 1 p.m.: Mutti Gras Pet Parade & Mutti Gras King & Queen Contests, Market Plaza
- Noon to 3 p.m.: Bear Brass Band, strolling throughout the Market
- 1 to 4 p.m.: Mardi Gras Jester, strolling throughout the Market
- 1:30 to 4:30 p.m.: Decorate a crazy Mardi Gras hat crafts table, face painting, Market Plaza
- 2 to 4 p.m.: T-Lou & His Super Hot Zydeco Band, West Patio
- 2:30 to 5 p.m.: Jazzy Ash & The Leaping Lizards, Market Plaza
- 5 to 7 p.m.: Grammy-nominated Lisa Haley & The Zydekats, West Patio
Fat Tuesday, February 17
- 6 to 9 p.m.: Eddie Baytos & The Nervis Bros, West Patio