Here at Great Taste, we decided to have a sampling and flavor comparison of four different olive oils.
From left to right, the oils are:
- Amoretti premium organic extra virgin with kalamata olives
- Kiklos Greek extra virgin
- PrimOli Toscano extra virgin
- Arianna Trading Co. organic raw & unfiltered extra virgin
The Amoretti was very pungent and individual because of the use of kalamata olives, which pairs well in a greek salad with some feta cheese, salami, and red onion. The Kiklos taste began with a nice fresh note but was a little harsh on the finish. We considered it to be in the robust category. PrimOli had a soft taste at the beginning, and ended with a slight bitterness, but was an agreeable, neutral oil. The Arianna was seen as the most fresh, with hints of fruit and would mix nicely in a variety of dishes.
- The Amoretti can be found on Amazon by visiting amazon.com
- Kiklos Greek extra virgin: myshopify.com
- PrimOli Toscano extra virgin: casacasale.com
- Arianna Trading Co. extra virgin: ariannatradingcompany.com
If you try any of these olives oils for yourself, tag us at ‘Great Taste Magazine’ and let us know what your opinion is!