Terranea Resort proudly introduces a new on-property nutritional dining destination, Solviva,opening in January 2019. A combination of Solis and Vita, Latin words for “sun” and “life,” respectively, Solviva speaks to the vibrant energy at the core of the restaurant’s concept and draws inspiration from its location in Rancho Palos Verdes.
Centered on balancing wellness of the body and mind with nutrient-rich food that improve circadian rhythm, function, and mood, the eatery offers a unique restorative experience through refined, light-and-bright fare from Chef de Cuisine RJ Dela Merced. With guidance from Terranea’s in-house nutritionist, Navil Lorenzana and Vice President of Culinary Experiences & Executive Chef Bernard Ibarra, the menu features composed healthful selections—a majority of which is sourced from Terranea’s own farm—and caters to diners’ wellness journeys as well as special dietary preferences including vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free.
Menus will frequently change with the seasons and ebb and flow with peak ingredient harvests. The beverage menu, curated by Alicia Ajolo, Terranea’s Wine Director & Certified Sommelier, features a large selection of organic, biodynamic, and sustainable libations from wineries, breweries, and other purveyors that support Terranea’s ethos in holistic well-being.
“Solviva is an extension of healing,” says Lorenzana. “It is a combination of gastronomy and science – a balance of the both, where your palate is excited, and your body is nourished. Our dishes are crafted to heal from the inside out to keep the wellness of the guest in mind.”
“I believe there is a connection between the state of one’s mind and body with whatever he or she does—an essential part of this process involves eating food which nourishes one’s soul,” Dela Merced explains. “We propel that message forward with our menu, using ingredients grown from our on-site garden and making most of the elements for a dish in-house.”
Located in a calm, mindful environment right on the water’s edge at The Spa at Terranea, Solviva is open daily for breakfast (6:00am – 11:00am), lunch (11:00am – 3:00pm), afternoon “Healthy Bites” (3:00pm-5:00pm), and dinner (5:00pm – 8:00pm Sunday – Friday; 5:00pm – 9:00pm Saturday). A sampling of Solviva’s menu selections includes:
- Compressed Fruit Bowl – fruits of the season infused with herbs and spices, coconut noodles
- Avocado Sweet Potato “Toast” – poached egg, pico de gallo sofrito, pomegranate seeds
- Terranea Kelp Cured Smoked Salmon – tomato and onion jam, whipped cream cheese, half a whole wheat bagel
- Beet Gazpacho – grapes, mustard goat cheese, almonds, broccoli florets
- Farro Bowl – charred avocado, pickled turmeric onions, roasted vegetables, cashew cream
- Purple Potato Flautas – black bean puree, tomatillo and avocado emulsion, pickled slaw
- Shrimp Zucchini Pasta – zucchini noodles, olives, basil, cherry tomatoes, olive oil, shaved parmesan
- Plancha Prawns – fingerling tostones, Moroccan spice vinaigrette, romesco, eggplant
- Seared Duck Breast – romanesco, fennel, carrot puree, forbidden black rice, black figs, duck jus
- Grass-fed Lamb Loin – fava beans, local red rice, onions, Catalina View pinot noir sauce
- Hand-cut Pappardelle – almond pesto, whipped almond, cured egg yolk
For more information on Solviva, please visit https://www.terranea.com/dining/solviva or call 310.265.2836.
Find more delicious Orange County Restaurants ANNIVERSARIES.