Moxy Hotels, Marriott International’s experiential hotel brand that has earned its reputation for disrupting the lifestyle hospitality scene, today announced the opening of its first hotel in California: Moxy San Diego.
Designed for spirited, fun-hunting travelers, Moxy San Diego will usher in a new era of mischief with its urban playground, Instagram-worthy design, funky amenities and buzzing social spaces.
Moxy offers a new way of traveling which is smaller in concentration, yet not a reduction in experience. The brand caters to those who are looking for a hotel with friendly service and premium comforts in an environment that allows them to connect with relevant and authentic local experiences. Moxy’s creative brand identity aims to engage business and leisure travelers with a warm, thoughtful and playful guest experience.
“Moxy is an audacious and fresh brand that flips the conventional hotel service model on its head to pleasantly surprise travelers, without the exorbitant price tags,” said Vicki Poulos, Senior Global Brand Director, Moxy Hotels. “What better place to grow our portfolio than in San Diego, a vibrant and playful destination within Southern California.”
Developed in partnership with San Diego-based J Street Hospitality and Azul Hospitality Group, the nine-story, 126-room hotel pays homage to the region’s storied naval past from a dazzle camouflage wall in the lobby, to a shipping container lining the moody, CrossFit-inspired fitness center, and additional nautical elements such as porthole mirrors and Navy “dungaree” denim headboards in the rooms. The lobby’s exposed electrical conduit, steel finishing and wood accents will also add to the hotel’s industrial aesthetic.
Additional perks at Moxy San Diego include:
- Play All Day at “The Now” – From pinball, classic arcade games, shuffleboard, Jenga and DJ residencies, guests and locals will have a new go-to at “The Now” with no shortage of things to do.
- Plug and Meet – The bright and open lobby layout is paired with contemporary furniture creating communal spaces that provide modern ergonomic seating, large writing walls and 56-inch televisions for presentation projection.
- Lobby Perks – Unlike previous Moxy hotels, Moxy San Diego will have an extensive menu serving three meals including grab-and-go breakfasts, lunch, bar bites and a late-night menu.
- Tech on Deck – All bedrooms reflect careful consideration of space and functionality and as such are equipped with 55-inch flat screen televisions, built-in USB ports and free, speedy Wi-Fi with one WAP per room.
- Bar Moxy – Sip the flavors of San Diego from morning to night with quality coffee courtesy of San Diego Coffee Co., signature and custom brews from San Diego’s buzzing beer scene, and an impressive menu of handcrafted cocktails.
- Get Artsy – The back of the hotel will also boast the first San Diego mural by Los Angeles-based Artist Paul Nandee (SWANK), beckoning visitors with Nandee’s distinctive lettering and character creations constructed using cubist angles.
Moxy San Diego is located at 831 6th Avenue and can be booked for stays with rates starting at $250/night. For more information, visit Moxy San Diego’s website here or follow them on Instagram @moxysandiego.
Find more delicious Orange County Restaurants ANNIVERSARIES.