Mess Hall Market, an unparalleled collection of critically acclaimed Orange County chefs under one roof, announces its Grand Opening on Saturday, July 20. The food hall is occupied by beloved names in the restaurant business, such as Chef Danny Godinez of Anepalco and Chef Andrew Gruel of Slapfish fame. In addition, guests can enjoy fresh concepts from the teams behind Another Kind Cafe, The Lost Bean, and more.
Mess Hall Market is NOW soft open at Flight at Tustin Legacy. Many of the tenants are operating from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily, with others to open soon!
The concepts at Mess Hall Market include:
- Slapfish, the well-known California-based chain by Chef Andrew Gruel
- Chef Andrew Gruel also introduces an all new fast-casual pizza and Italian concept, Big Parm
- Fonda Moderna, a Mexican restaurant, originating from the word “Fonda” meaning a small, casual family-operated restaurant that offers homemade food. La Fonda Moderna recreates that feeling but with a modern twist.
- Chef Godinez also operates the full-service bar, Drink Bar, providing wine, beer and hand-crafted cocktails.
- The Lost Bean is an organic coffee, tea & juice shop curated by Bodie Rasmussen.
- Rasmussen also launches a new project, The Little Greek, serving authentic Greek street food. It is a collaboration project between Bodie Rasmussen and Christakis Greek Cuisine, which is co-owned by his wife Sarah Rasmussen and her brother Michael Wallace.
- Vaka Burger from Chef Aaron J. Perez, a famed establishment best known for its grass-fed burgers and duck-confit grilled cheese. Vaka Burger rose to prominence after their popular food truck turned into a foodie haven on the eastside of Los Angeles. This is Vaka’s first Orange County location.
- The Sandwich Society, a well-known foodie-sandwich destination, offering unique sandwiches, fresh salads, and soups which are inspired by travel, culture, and old family recipes. The shop was founded by Mi Ho, a self-proclaimed sandwich aficionado who has built a loyal following among sandwich-lovers.
- Saigon Kitchen, from Laguna Beach-based Another Kind, opens its sophomore project serving Vietnamese-inspired crossed-cultural cuisine.
- Fowl Play is a fried, grilled and hot chicken concept from the team behind Ground House Burger and Portside Fish Co.
Grand Opening Event
The public is invited to celebrate Mess Hall’s Grand Opening on July 20 from noon to 9 p.m.. Interactive festivities will include a photo booth, DJ, live music, magicians, raffle prizes and more. In partnership with the Orange County Rescue Mission, 10 percent of all sales from the grand opening event will be donated to the organization. Additionally, Mess Hall Market will continue to look for opportunities to connect the concepts, the community and the patrons to make a positive impact through food and nutrition.
Find more delicious Orange County Restaurants OPENING SOON