The American Culinary Federation, Inc., (ACF) at the invitation of His Highness Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai, is fielding a team of chefs to represent the United States at the inaugural Dubai World Hospitality Championship 2013, Nov. 16-18, at the Dubai World Trade Centre, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
The ACF team is comprised of seven chefs, of which six are ACF members as noted below, who will compete against teams from 11 countries. The participating countries are Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Hong Kong, Russia, Singapore, Slovenia, South Africa, United Arab Emirates, United States and Wales.
Each day during the competition four different teams will prepare a cold buffet, hot-main course and a dessert buffet in six hours for 50 people and four judges. Teams will be judged on mise en place, workstation and uniform cleanliness, culinary techniques, food safety, presentation of dishes, taste and food texture.
The seven chefs representing the U.S. in Dubai are:
· Edward Leonard, CMC, WGMC, AAC, team captain; vice president culinary education/corporate chef, Le Cordon Bleu North America, Schaumburg, Ill.; ACF Chicago Chapter
· Brian Beland, CMC, executive chef/director of food & beverage, Country Club of Detroit, Gross Pointe Farms, Mich.; ACF Michigan Chefs de Cuisine
· Joachim Buchner, CMC, executive chef, Chevy Chase Club, Chevy Chase, Md.; ACF Nations Capital Chefs Association
· Andy Chlebana, CEPC, CCA, culinary arts professor /pastry chef, Joliet Junior College, Joliet, Ill.; ACF Louis Joliet Chapter
· Carlo Lamagna, executive chef, Benny’s Chop House, Chicago
· Susan Notter, CEPC, director of pastry education, YTI Career Institute, Lancaster, Pa.; ACF Harrisburg Chapter
· Austin Yancey, CEC, CCE, instructor, Le Cordon Bleu College Of Culinary Arts in Chicago; ACF Windy City Professional Culinarians Inc.
Posted by Lauren Harrity 10/21/13