Total Wine & More, America’s largest independent retailer of wine, beer and spirits, has launched a new food and wine pairing app exclusively for the iPad to bring its next-generation shopping experience to customers in Southern California.
The new app, which is available for free at the iTunes App Store, is designed to enable users to pair the right wine with various foods ranging from simple to exotic. App features include:
· Seven different food categories which customers may browse in order to pair wine with a variety of meals.
· Complimentary food recipes from Wine Spectatormagazine available in each pairing category.
· An adjustable “pairing option,” which can be customized to accommodate various food preparation styles.
The launch of this new app coincides with Total Wine & More’s ongoing initiative to offer a unique, “next-generation” in-store experience to its customers. Next-generation elements found in Southern California stores include:
· iPads equipped with the new Total Wine & More app, enabling customers to pair any of the 8,000 wines offered by the superstore with a variety of foods.
· Fully-equipped education centers offering a variety of classes on wines, beers and spirits.
· State-of-the art tasting bars to facilitate wine, beer, and spirits tastings.
· Flat panel video screens to provide continuous educational content on wine, beer and spirits makers and their trade.
posted by Tiffany Haslacker