The Culinary Stage at the 8th Annual Los Angeles Travel and Adventure Show is perfect for attendees looking to experience cuisine from around the world and learn from expert chefs and wine connoisseurs.Hosted by Chef Darrell “Das” Smith, a contestant on the Next Food Network Star, Chef Das will provide a combination of entertainment and information for the ultimate international experience.
Other chefs and speakers will present and demonstrate throughout the weekend, including:
- Indonesia: Experience the flavors of one of Asia’s favorite culinary destinations and learn about the culture and people of Indonesia. Samples served following the demonstration. 10:30-11:15 a.m.
- Chef Dweh Toeque of All Day Foods will demonstrate one of his and his clients favorite recipes: Lobster Risotto. Samples served following the demonstration. 11:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m.
- Chef Andy Matsud of the Sushi Chef Institute will teach “Sushi 101,” an interactive sushi making demonstration. Samples served following the demonstration. 1-2 p.m.
- David Sloan, author of The Key Lime Pie Cookbook, will take attendees on an entertaining journey through Key Lime history while sharing tips and tricks for the perfect pie. Samples served following the demonstration. 2:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m.
- VIP Food and Wine Experience*: James “UrWineGuy” King and Chef Jason Collis of Limoniera Ranch will teach attendees how to sip through wineries all over the world followed by a special food pairing. 3:45-5 p.m. *This event requires a separate ticket – $24 in advance (includes expo admission); $32 at door; must be 21 to participate.
- Chef Jason Collis of Limoneira Ranch will demonstrate recipes that model farm-to-table freshness with seasonal ingredients. Samples served following the demonstration. 10:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
- Culinary + Travel Panel:Culinary and wine expert Linda Kissam, travel blogger Nailah D. Hayward, and travel writer Andrea at Pelican Hill Resort – Newport Beach Rademan will share how to have the best culinary experience no matter where your final destination is. Noon-12:45 p.m.
- Chef Tracey Augustine of Cashmere Bites will demonstrate an old Moroccan favorite with an international twist. Samples served following the demonstration. 1-2 p.m.
- Indonesia: Experience the flavors of one of Asia’s favorite culinary destinations and learn about the culture and people of Indonesia. Samples served following the demonstration. 2:15 p.m.-3:15 p.m.
- Susan Irby, The Bikini Chef, will teach guests how to eat well and still look great with healthy but delicious recipes. 3:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m.
The weekend event also features a variety of great travel speakers, including Rick Steves, host of his popular travel show, Rick Steves’ Europe; Jean-Michel Cousteau, world famous explorer, diver, and environmentalist; Pauline Frommer, Guidebook author; Peter Greenberg, America’s most recognized travel journalist; Richard Wiese, host of ABC’s Emmy-nominated program, Born to Explore with Richard Wiese; Patricia Schultz, author of best-selling travel book, 1,000 Places to See Before You Die; and longtime host of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette, Chris Harrison.
The 2013 Los Angeles Travel and Adventure Show will take place January 12-13 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Long Beach Convention Center, 300 E. Ocean Blvd., Long Beach, CA 90802.
Tickets are available online for $9 with Promo Code “LAPR” or at the door for $12.Children under 16 years old are free. For tickets and event information, visit www.LAtravelshow.com, email [email protected], or call 203-878-2577.
posted by Tiffany Haslacker