Gaucho Grill restaurants, with locations in Brentwood and downtown Long Beach, have announced a new “retooled” menu emphasizing more authentic Argentinean dishes; new happy hour and kid’s menus; an expanded wine list featuring Argentinean selections as well as California varietals; new Express Lunch for busy execs on the go; and a new catering division. Also, all beef dishes have been upgraded using either Angus Choice or better (previous ownership served only select grade beef). Also, to appeal to families, kids eat free on Sundays.
“We’re delighted to announce our new menu that, under the capable hands of Executive Chef Alberto Gomez, takes Gaucho Grill to the next level,” said owner Adrian Amosa. “We kept some of the items from the previous menu that were popular with guests like the Managers Salad and the skirt steak, but the new menu better reflects our Argentinean roots.”
Among the new offerings:
· REVAMPED MENU A more diverse menu emphasizing quality beef dishes with an Argentinean flair (most in $20 range); fish, chicken and lamb options; wide selection of entree salads; and several appetizers including a variety of empanadas and grilled Argentinean sausage.
· EXPRESS LUNCH Designed to get the busy executive in and out of the restaurant in 30 minutes or less, the menu includes grilled skirt steak marinated in Chimichurri; grilled chicken bowl with rice, black beans, salsa and feta cheese; and petit grilled salmon in a garlic vinaigrette. Most items are priced in the $12 range.
· KID’S MENU/KIDS EAT FREE SUNDAYS Children are accommodated with their own menu with items like meatball fettucini, Gaucho cheeseburger, etc. that doubles as a puzzle. On Sundays, kids eat free.
· CATERING Gaucho Grill now offers drop-off catering packages featuring salads, sandwiches, empanadas, deluxe entrees, sides and a hearty selection of beef, chicken, lamb and fish main courses. Prices range from $7.49 – $13.99 per person.
· HAPPY HOUR Available Monday-Friday 3 p.m. 6 p.m., Gaucho Grill offers $3 sangrias, $3 beer, $4 wine, $2 empanadas, $2.50 sliders and fries for $2.
· WINE LIST Gaucho Grill offers a wide variety of mostly affordable bottles of Argentinean wines ($24-$60) including several Malbecs (2011 La Esquina for $32, 2008 Tierra Prometida and Susana Balbo for $60). Among the whites are a 2010 Tierra Brisa Chardonnay for $26 and Colome Torrontes for $24. A number of California wines are available as are 20 wines by the glass with most in the $10 range.
Gaucho Grill is located at 11754 San Vicente Blvd, Brentwood (310) 447-7898; 200 North Pine Avenue, Long Beach (562) 590-5000. Visit gauchogrillusa.com.
posted by Sarah McCallum