Fashion Island’s newest culinary resident, the 12,000-square-foot FIG & OLIVE Newport Beach and Executive Chef Pascal Lorange debuts a new Spring menu ($10-26). Highlighting Southern California’s seasonal bounty, the locally sourced menu showcases premier ingredients from nearby purveyors such as Babe Farm (Santa Maria Valley) and Kenter Canyon Farm (Fillmore, CA), which recently expanded their grain program to supply bread exclusively to FIG & OLIVE restaurants.
The new selection features appetizers, crostinis, tartines (lunch menu only), salads, and entrees including:
· Carrots & Brussels Sprouts – Carrot confit in olive oil, cumin, orange juice, cilantro, Spanish onion, charmoula, dry apricot, and harissa ($12)
· Vegetarian Tartine – grilled vegetables served on Kenter Farm toasted whole wheat bread with goat cheese, asparagus, baby beet, kale, tomato, zucchini, and onion ($13)
· Salmon Tartine – cured salmon served on Kenter Farm toasted whole wheat bread with dill cucumber yogurt, radish, and tomato served with a side of arugula salad ($13)
· Prosciutto Tartine – prosciutto with shaved artichoke served on Kenter Farm toasted whole wheat bread with artichoke ricotta, balsamic tapenade, fig chutney, scallion, and tomato served with a side of mixed green salad ($14)
· Tuna Tartine – tuna served on Kenter Farm toasted whole wheat bread with heirloom cherry tomato, capers, fresh herbs, micro basil, and olive oil emulsion served with a side of mixed green salad ($14)
· Spaghetti del Mare – Linguini with black Tiger shrimp, scallop, seaweed tartare, roasted cherry tomato confit, and parsley topped with Arbequina olive oil ($25)
· Zucchini Blossom & Goat Cheese Ravioli – house made goat cheese ravioli, zucchini emulsion, tomato confit, and crispy zucchini blossom with parmesan and shaved ricotta salata topped with Arbequina olive oil ($26)
Lunch is served daily Monday Sunday from 11 a.m. 4 p.m.
Dinner is served daily Monday Sunday from 5 11 p.m.
Lunch and dinner menu items range from $5.50-38
Reservations are not required, but are recommended. They can be made by calling 212.924.1200 or by visiting OpenTable
FIG & OLIVE Newport Beach
401 Newport Center Dr., Suite 151
Newport Beach, CA 92660
posted by Sarah McCallum