This year has proved shaky for the restaurant and fast food industry. Are smaller restaurant chains failing to hold their own with large competitors? Are consumers really satisfied with fast food or are they just going for the cheaper option? The American Customer Satisfaction Report (ACSI)’s report on airlines, hotels, restaurants, and express shipping which will be released on Tuesday, June 15, shows:- Satisfaction scores for the industry overall as well as individual companies including: Burger King, Chili’s Grill & Bar (Brinker), McDonald’s, Olive Garden (Darden Restaurants), Outback Steakhouse (OSI Restaurant Partners), Papa John’s, Starbucks, and Wendy’s to name a few.
– Have fast food and full service restaurants weathered the economic downturn and;
– Are consumers receptive to new price points and products?
A full list of measured companies is listed below.
– Airlines: American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta Air Lines (Delta), Northwest Airlines (Delta), Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, and US Airways.
– Express Delivery/Consumer Shipping: Express Delivery (Consumer Shipping), FedEx, United Parcel Service, U.S. Postal Service (Express & Priority Mail).
– Hotels: Best Western International, Choice Hotels International, Global Hyatt, Hilton Hotels, InterContinental Hotels Group, Marriott International, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, and Wyndham Worldwide.
– Restaurants : Burger King, Chili’s Grill & Bar (Brinker), Domino’s Pizza, KFC (YUM! Brands), Little Caesar, McDonald’s, Olive Garden (Darden Restaurants), Outback Steakhouse (OSI Restaurant Partners), Papa John’s, Pizza Hut (YUM! Brands), Red Lobster (Darden Restaurants), Starbucks, Taco Bell (YUM! Brands), and Wendy’s.