Salt Creek Grille has debuted several new seasonal offerings on its summer menus. In keeping with tradition, individual recipes have been created for each restaurant to appeal to regional taste preferences with ingredients sourced as locally as possible.
“This year’s summer menu at Salt Creek Grille is an exploration and celebration of the freshest, most enticing and refreshing flavors of the season,” said David Fuñe, corporate executive chef, Salt Creek Grille.
At Salt Creek Grille’s Dana Point restaurant, the brand’s first location that opened in 1996, the new summer specials include:
- Garlic Steak & Mango Salad: Salt Creek Grille’s signature Mesquite-grilled, hand-cut flank steak on a bed of chilled Soba noodles with tango, fresh mango and cabbage with garlic soy for a delectable balance of savory and sweet.
- Crispy Brussels: Fresh, al dente Brussels sprouts are tossed in a not-too-sweet Bourbon caramel sauce, with cubed Tavern ham for a salty complement and sunflower seeds that add a delightful crunch.
- Tre Leches Bread Pudding: Heaven in a cast iron, Sourdough bread is soaked in a perfectly sweet and savory Tre Leches Crème Angles, and topped with a rich and creamy Coffee Gelato.
In El Segundo, summer is also on the menu with:
- Summer Corn Risotto Cakes: The classic flavors of creamy Risotto, roasted mushrooms and truffle combine with sweet summer corn for a light meal or as shareable dish that pairs wonderfully with a seasonal beverage or spirit.
- Heirloom Tomato Salad: Refreshing and playful, this salad is the epitome of summer with fresh and flavorful heirloom tomatoes resting upon a delightful beet and balsamic “hummus,” with fresh mozzarella, arugula, cucumbers, and young basil to tease each bite.
- Smoked Salmon Flatbread: A remix of favorite summer flavors, creamy goat cheese blended with fresh dill lay under layers of thick sliced tomato, cured Salmon Lox, capers, and house-made pickled onions – and perfect at brunch with a bit of the bubbly.
Both summer menus in Southern California also see a triumphant return of a guest favorite – the Salt Creek Grille Watermelon Salad: A cool and refreshing, yet unconventional salad featuring the quintessential flavors of summer, it features thick cubes of sweet and juicy watermelon, chilled and served on a bed of arugula, with crumbled Feta cheese and a freshly made, tangy Cilantro vinaigrette.
For more information, visit www.saltcreekgrille.com