Mellow Mushroom has crowdsourced it’s own employees for new food and beverage concepts that are now debuting via a limited-run menu. Items such as the Quirky Turkey Club pie, the Chicken Cordon Bleu Calzone and the Thaidal Wave Sweet Thai Chili Chicken Hoagie will now be available.
Mellow Mushroom polled servers, bartenders, prep and line cooks from over 160 locations to curate the new Homegrown Picks menu, which will be available nationwide from February 17th to March 31st.
Mellow Mushroom launched the Homegrown Challenge, calling for the best pizza, salad, calzone, hoagie and cocktail recipes from their employees. Over 85 recipes were submitted and judged on taste, presentation and originality. After whittling down the submissions to the seven finalists that now comprise the Homegrown Picks menu, a panel of professional judges determined an overall food and cocktail winner.
The panel consisted of Eater Atlanta editor Sonia Chopra, Chef Rory Moon, four time James Beard award winning food writer Kim Severson, mixologist Todd Richman and Home-Grown Industries CEO Richard Brasch.
New menu items include:
· Thaidal Wave Hoagie All-natural sweet thai chili chicken, grilled onions and mushrooms, provolone cheese, fresh broccoli and tomatoes, mayonnaise and finished with a balsamic glaze drizzle. Awarded Best Overall Food.
· Blueberry Vodka Mojito Fresh blueberries, mint and lime muddled with simple syrup then shaken with American Harvest organic vodka and guava nectar and finished with a splash of soda. Awarded Best Overall Cocktail
· Chicken Cordon Bleu Calzone All-natural chicken, maple-glazed ham, swiss and mozzarella cheeses with dijonnaise sauce. All layered inside Mellow Mushroom’s fresh dough and baked to warm, golden perfection.
· Quirky Turkey Club Pie A Mellow Mushroom pizza with an olive oil and garlic base, topped with Applewood smoked bacon, turkey, caramelized onions, fresh spinach, mozzarella and parmesan cheeses and finished with sliced organic apples and a swirl of honey mustard.
· Slow Ridin’ Chicken Salad Grilled all-natural chicken chopped and blended with finely diced jalapeno, caramelized pecans, organic apples and mayo, all served on garlic toast points.
· The Pom Pom American Harvest organic vodka, St. Germaine elderflower liqueur, house-made sour mix, pomegranate syrup and a splash of soda, garnished with fresh pomegranate seeds and lime.
· Cucumber Melon Cooler Fresh cucumber and honeydew melon, honey simple syrup and agave sour all mixed with American Harvest organic vodka and garnished with fresh cucumber.
Posted by Erica Schmucker