With the holidays right around the corner, now is the time to consider options for seasonal travel, shopping and charity giving. To streamline decision-making and make the holidays festive, fun and relaxing, Resort 2 Kindness and The OCeanfront have launched a special “Getaway 2 Give” travel package that combines all three — a relaxing resort stay, shopping incentives for South Coast Plaza, and a built-in charity donation.
Travelers visiting family and friends in Orange County can genuinely enjoy a relaxing coastal getaway this holiday season, knowing their travel dollars are also working to support deserving charities.
* 10 percent of every reservation directly benefits local chapters of Oceana, Special Olympics, Make-A-Wish, and Lupus LA, which means each package booked is a gift to support those in need
* Visit TheOCeanfrontCA.com and click “Getaway 2 Give” to book a package at any of seven participating coastal resorts
* Each package includes a two-night stay with breakfast, as well as complimentary passes to South Coast Plaza’s VIP Access Lounge and Valet Parking
* Prices start at just $205 per night and vary by resort
* Participating resorts: Montage Laguna Beach; Surf & Sand Resort; The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel; Hilton Waterfront Beach Resort; Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa; The Balboa Bay Club & Resort; and Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa.
To celebrate the holiday season, The OCeanfront offers a wide array of festivities. Event highlights include:
* Third Annual Holiday Surfboard Auction at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel on Sunday, November 21 beginning at 4:00 pm. Resort guests and the local community are invited to the opening of the event, includes festive holiday music, and a visit by Santa Claus.
* Holiday Tree Lighting and Community Open House at Montage Laguna Beach, Monday, November 29 starting at 4:30 pm. Guests and locals can enjoy holiday carolers, hot cocoa, children’s activities and live music followed by the tree lighting; The Loft and Studio restaurants will be offering special holiday menus and cocktails.
* 102nd Annual Christmas Boat Parade in the City of Newport Beach, happening Wednesday, December 15 through Sunday, December 19.
* New Year’s Eve Black Tie Gala Event at Balboa Bay Club & Resort in The Grand Ballroom, featuring The Rembrandt Band. Friday, December 31, 8:00 pm – 1:00 am
South Coast Plaza is the West Coast’s crown jewel of luxury shopping, with 250 festive shops, designer boutiques, department stores, and elegant dining. For those looking to both get away and take care of holiday shopping, “Getaway 2 Give” bookings include complimentary passes to South Coast Plaza’s VIP Access Lounge and Valet Parking. Passes issued at hotel upon check-in.
“For more than 40 years, South Coast Plaza has enjoyed sharing the warmth of the holiday season with so many, and we always strive to present an unforgettable experience. Through the “Getaway 2 Give” program, we hope to make that experience meaningful on many levels, because the message is all about the spirit of the season — enjoying time with loved ones and giving generously to those in need.” –Werner Escher, South Coast Plaza’s Executive Director of Domestic and International Markets
“Getaway 2 Give” has been extended through March 31, 2011, allowing gift-givers to bestow upon a deserving loved one the ultimate holiday gift:
* A two-night coastal resort getaway, including breakfast
* Plus a charity donation in the name of the gift recipient
Booking subject to availability. Blackout dates may apply; see website for details.
For more info, visit: www.theoceanfrontca.com