R.W. Smith and Company will donate $150,000 to the hospitality schools of five western educational institutions during the next five years. The pledge was announced during the awards ceremony of the 9th Annual R.W. Smith and Company Scholarship Golf Classic at Dove Canyon Country Club in Rancho Santa Margarita, California.Each year R.W. Smith and Company donates proceeds from the annual golf tournament to assist students demonstrating financial need, with scholarships, travel funds and other monies to help further their education in food service, hospitality and design disciplines. Several other scholarships have been awarded to educational institutions during the last eight years as a result of the annual golf tournament.
Officials and/or students from recipient schools attended the tournament awards dinner for a scholarship recognition and presentation ceremony. The recipient schools this year include:
* Cal Poly Pomona – Collins College of Hospitality Management
* University of San Francisco – -School of Business Administration/Hospitality
* San Diego State University – School of Hospitality and Tourism Management
* California School of Culinary Arts – Pasadena, CA
* Orange Coast Community College – Culinary Arts Program – Costa Mesa, CA