For employers, the threat of workplace violence is an unfortunate reality. The federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration states that nearly 2 million American workers report having been victims of workplace violence each year. Headlines recounting acts of violence in the workplace have become a regular occurrence – as have the lawsuits flowing not only from the violent incidents themselves, but from applicants and employees who believe they were treated unfairly because of their violent or criminal past.
During this one-hour webinar, Todd Wulffson, CDF’s Orange County Office Managing Partner, and Victor Rocha, Founder and Managing Partner of Nelson Security Solutions, will take an in-depth look at the problem and discuss strategies for preventing and responding to violence in the workplace, including:
- Performing background checks the right way
- Identifying the causes and types of workplace violence
- Reviewing the legal landscape relating to workplace violence
- Tips and guidance on developing a workplace violence program for your company
- Identifying potentially violent employees and proper actions if you suspect a problem
- Best practices for responding to an incident of violence in the workplace
This session is designed to provide information to in-house counsel, HR professionals and business owners about how to plan appropriately to minimize workplace violence issues, identify the risks associated with pre-employment screening, monitoring employees and responding to incidents in the workplace. With both pragmatic advice from a seasoned security professional and legal advice from an employment law attorney, this session will be ideal for in-house legal, HR and security professionals to attend.
Start Time: 10:00 AM PDT
End Time: 11:00 AM PDT
For registration, go to register.gotowebinar.com.