Consumer ReportsMagazine has released the results of its latest fast food survey which found the regional better-burger company, theHabit Burger Grill,in the number one spot in the burger category, beating out chains such asIn-n-Out Burger, 5 Guys Burgers and FriesandSmashburger.
The survey, which appears in the August 2014 issue ofConsumer Reportsmagazine, had readers survey 96,208 meals at 65 chains. The findings show thatAmericans are spending more than ever to dine out-topping $680billion per year–but are demanding more for their money, higher-quality fast food, and greater variety than can be found at the national titans such asMcDonald’sandBurger King. The fast food survey was the first from the iconic consumer publication since 2011.
“We are beyond elated,” saidRuss Bendel, CEO of the growing Irvine-CA based Habit Burger organization which began in Santa Barbara 45 years ago and operates close to 100 restaurants. “Consumer Reportsvalidates what we already knew: guests love the quality and menu variety we offer, from our signatureCharburgerto the fresh grilled albacore sandwich and Cobb salad.”
The Habit has quite a few note-worthy characteristics:
– Burgers are always 100% fresh ground beef, not frozen(Double Cheese Charburger image attached)
– Burgers are char-grilled over an open flame for extra flavor
– Lettuce, tomatoes and onions are cut fresh daily
– French fries, onion rings and sweet potato fries are 100% trans-fat free, cooked in soybean oil
– Fresh chicken breasts are hand-filleted and marinated in-house
– Tri-tip is trimmed and marinated in-house
– Salads are fresh, made to order
– House-made ranch dressing is prepared fresh daily in the restaurants Every Habit offers a complimentary condiment bar featuring and assortment of peppers, lemons, limes, and a range of sauces for guests to spice up.
The Habit, whose motto is “Respect the Burger”, was founded in 1969 in Santa Barbara. There are two Habit Trucks,one based in LA County; the other in Orange County. They feature a full kitchen, digital menu board and sound system and the ability to serve off-site events from 100 to 500+ guests.