Over 450 mixologists across the country submitted their most innovative original cocktail creations for consideration in Barenjager’s Fifth Annual National Bartending Competition. Six finalists will take the stage to compete for the grand prize in a live final competition at Flatiron Hall in New York City from 7-9 p.m. on Monday, October 6, 2014. The finalists:
- Megan Bardoe, Miami, FL Cocktail: Black Gold
- Jason Patz, Denver, CO Cocktail: Oaxacan On Sunshine
- James Moore, Columbus, OH Cocktail: Hair of the Bear
- Jason Holstein, Wilmington, DE Cocktail: Jorge’s Bare!
- Patricia L Gavin, Minneapolis, MN Cocktail: Oh, honey honey
- Michael Powers, Tulsa, OK Cocktail: Sorcerer
The judging panel of esteemed industry experts will crown “America’s Best Bartender” by rating each drink based on creativity and execution. Judges include:
- Alex Guarnaschelli | Iron Chef, Food Network “celebrity” chef and world-renowned Executive Chef at New York City’s Butter restaurant
- Andrew Knowlton | Restaurant & Drinks Editor Bon Appetit Magazine
- Gary Regan | Author of The Joy of Mixology and host of www.gazregan.com
- Leo Robitschek | Bar Director at Made Nice: Eleven Madison Park and The NoMad Hotel
- Sean Kenyon | Tales of the Cocktail 2014 American Bartender of the Year, 3rd generation Barman from Denver and proprietor of Williams & Graham in Denver, CO
New Yorkers can bear witness as these six competitors shake and stir their way to the top, in a festive evening complete with Lederhosen, Bavarian Pretzels with Barenjager honey mustard, live entertainment from The Autobahnanz’s, and cocktails. To sweeten the pot, all guests will “Bee the Judge” to determine an audience favorite, who will take home a check for $1,000. Follow the competition on Facebook and Instagram by using #BarenjagerHoney.
Barenjager’s Annual National Bartending Competition challenges professional and amateur mixologists from across the country to come up with innovative and original cocktail creations incorporating the Barenjager portfolio. Barenjager is the original honey liqueur made with pure premium natural honey.
Posted by Rachel Allan