Pliny the Younger is a highly coveted full-bodied Triple India Pale Ale that is released just once a year in very limited quantities from Russian River Brewery in Santa Rosa, CA. Beachwood BBQ in Seal Beach and Beachwood BBQ & Brewing in downtown Long Beach are fortunate enough to be among the few places pouring Pliny the Younger on draft in Southern California.
Beachwood will be raffling off 130 of pints from this year’s Pliny The Younger kegs with 100% of the proceeds benefiting the Melanoma Research Foundation, in honor of Long Beach elementary school teacher Tony Carbone who passed away in 2008 at age 34 from Melanoma Cancer.
Last year the Beachwood team sold 1800 raffle tickets and raised $9,000, which combined with the money raised in 2012 Beachwood has donated over $17, 000 to the Melanoma Research Foundation. “We hope to raise over $10,000 this year,” says Beachwood BBQ’s Co-owner Gabe Gordon. “This cause is so close to our hearts and the perfect way to give back”.
How It Works
· Raffle Tickets will be on sale January 14th at 11:30am through February 22nd at 10pm.
· Tickets will be available for purchase at Beachwood BBQ in Seal Beach and Beachwood BBQ & Brewing in downtown Long Beach.
· The cost is $5 per ticket-no limit to how many you can buy-CASH ONLY.
· On February 24th, 130 raffle tickets will be drawn at random. The drawing will be streamed live on the New Brew Thursday webcast, winners will also be notified via email or phone.
· Winners will be alerted of which Beachwood location to redeem their pints of Pliny the Younger. Redemption period is between Feb. 25th – Mar. 6th.
posted by Tiffany Haslacker