Zippy’s Macaroni Salad
A classic Hawaiian favorite sure to delight at any event. A perfect way to bring a piece of the island life home.
1 small package small elbow macaroni1 cup mayonnaise (best foods is best)1 tablespoon finely minced onions2 tablespoons finely minced celery1 small carrot finely mincedsalt & pepper to taste.
- Cook macaroni according to package instructions. You want the macaroni cooked but not soggy. Rinse cooked macaroni with cold water, drain and put aside in refrigerator until completely cooled.
- Mince onions, carrots and celery until extremely fine. I like to use a food processor. Once macaroni is completely cool (cold is best), add mayonnaise, salt, pepper and onion, celery, carrots. Mix well. Add additional mayonnaise if necessary, especially before serving.
- do not overcook macaroni
- be sure to rinse, drain and cool macaroni before mixing
- only use best foods mayonnaise, that is what Hawaii uses…no miracle whip!!
- Before serving, always finish salad by adding more mayonnaise if necessary, salt and pepper.