Yellow Lard Cake
1 1/4 c. lard2 1/2 c. milk2 1/2 tsp. vanilla5 1/2 c. sifted cake flour2 1/2 tbsp. baking powder3 1/8 c. sugar2 1/2 tsp. salt5 eggs, unbeaten
- Put lard in mixing bowl.
- Add 5 tablespoon milk and vanilla.
- Beat 2 minutes on mixer at medium speed, or until light and fluffy.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Add to lard mixture with 2/3 of remaining milk.
- Beat until smooth with mixer at medium speed, about 4 minutes.
- Add remaining milk and eggs. Beat until smooth, 3 minutes.
- Pour in greased and floured 12 1/2 x 18 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees 35 to 40 minutes.
- Makes 54 (2 inch) squares.
- Cool and frost.