Wild Mushroom Cappuccino
Wild Mushroom Cappuccino taste great. From dinner recipes, budget menus and healthy diet selections, you’ll easily find any recipe you need.
8 oz Portbello mushrooms8 oz Cremini mushrooms8 oz Shitake mushrooms8 oz Oyster mushrooms8 oz Chanterelle mushrooms1 oz Morels – dried/ground to powder1 C Port wine2 C Red wine5 oz Shallots – finely chopped2 t Thyme – fresh1 t Rosemary – fresh1 t Black Pepper4 oz Sweet Butter3 Qt Stock – chicken or vegetable1 C Heavy Cream2 oz Olive oilSea SaltSteamed Milk
- Clean mushrooms by removing stems, rinsing caps in cold water and toweling dry.
- Dice mushroom caps and stems 1/2 inch in size and separate in two equal portions.
- In a 6 quart sauce pot, melt 2 oz of butter, add 4 oz of shallots and brown over medium.
- Add half of the diced mushrooms.
- Pour the port and red wine immediately, add the thyme,rosemary and black pepper.
- Let reduce over medium heat until dry.
- Add stock and reduce by 1 quart.
- Puree the stock finely and strain though a medium size mesh, making sure that the mushrooms paste is pushed through the sieve.
- Return stock to the sauce pot, simmer for 15 minutes and skim the surface of broth.
- Season to taste with salt.
- In a large saute pan, combine 2 oz of butter with 1 oz finely diced shallots and 2 oz olive oil.
- Saute second half of the mushrooms for 2 minutes on high heat.
- Season to taste by adding the mushroom broth.
- Serve in a coffee or cappuccino cup (8-9 oz. capacity).
- Fill each cup 1/2 inch from the rim and top with steamed milk.
- Sprinkle the morel powder and a touch of paprika and serve with a Parmesan twist.