Watermelon Basil Mojito
A cool watermelon mojito to rescue you from the Summer’s heat
2 cups cubed seedless watermelon (rind removed)1-1/2 cups club soda1/2 a lime, juiced3 medium- to large-size fresh basil leaves (for the mojito)3 ounces light rum2 cups ice cubes (for the serving glasses)2 thin slices watermelon (with the rind on, for garnish)2 small sprigs basil (for garnish)
- Add the watermelon to a blender and blend until liquefied.
- Using a mesh strainer, strain into a pouring-type measuring cup or pitcher.
- Pour the strained, clear, watermelon liquid back into the blender.
- Add the club soda, lime juice, basil leaves and rum. Pulse until the basil is liquefied.
- Serve over ice, and garnish with watermelon and basil.