Contributed by: Chef Kiel Anderson
Watermarc Gorgonzola Pear Tarts
Watermarc Gorgonzola Pear Tarts taste great. From dinner recipes, budget menus and healthy diet selections, you’ll easily find any recipe you need.
- Poached pears:
- 1 bottle Red cooking wine
- 3 Bosc pears
- 1 C Granulated sugar
- 2 Cinnamon stick
- Gorgonzola tart filling:
- 6 oz Cream cheese
- 6 oz Gorgonzola
- 1 oz Shallots – thinly sliced
- 3 cloves Roasted garlic
- 3 oz Heavy cream
- 1 Egg
- Salt & pepper – to taste
- Tart shell
- 2 C AP flour
- 3 T Granulated sugar
- 3/4 t Salt
- 1 C Butter – chilled and cut into small cubes
- Combine all ingredients for the poached pears in a pot and bring to a simmer. Cook pears for 15-20 minutes on medium-low heat. Check doneness of pears with a small knife. Caution: do not overcook pears or they can become mealy. Cool pears and liquid separately. When cool, store pears submerged in poaching liquid.
- Combine ingredients for Gorgonzola tart filling, (except cream and egg), with the paddle attachment of a Kitchen Aid mixer. Mix on medium until fully incorporated. Add cream and egg and mix on low for 30 seconds. Set aside.
- Use a food processor to combine ingredients. Pulse until mixture forms little marbles. Remove dough and place on lightly floured surface. Knead dough until ball forms (being careful not to over mix). Wrap in plastic and chill for at least 2 hours. When ready to use, roll out on floured surface to 1/4" and place into tart mold. Fill shell with beans and par bake for 7-10 minutes at 350