Warm & Melty Chocolate Truffle Cookies
1/2 cup all purpose flour1/2 cup sugar1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder1/2 tsp baking powder1/4 tsp salt2 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temp. and cut in pieces1/3 cup (about 3 oz) chopped dark chocolate1 large egg1 Tbsp vanilla extract1 cup powdered sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 375° and spray 2 baking pans with a non-stick cooking spray or oil.
- 2. Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and the salt together. Preheat oven to 375° and spray 2 baking pans with a non-stick cooking spray or oil.
- 3. Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and the salt together. With your hands or a fork, rub butter into dry ingredients until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in chocolate.
- 4. Whisk together egg and vanilla. Add egg mixture to chocolate mixture; stir with a fork until mixture is slightly moistened. Form dough into a ball; wrap in plastic; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 5. Shape dough into tablespoon size balls. Roll each in powdered sugar and coat the balls. Place on prepared pans 2″ apart.
- 6. Bake until just set but still slightly undercooked, about 10 minutes.
- 7. Let cool on sheets 5 minutes and transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- 8. The cookies are best served warm.