The European Union funded campaign Flavor Your Life shares a recipe for Tuscan Cipollata prepared with pork, sausage, bacon, vegetables, and organic olive
28oz onions18oz of pork ribs1 carrot1 stalk of celery2 tbsp.organic olive oil2oz of bacon2oz of sausageGarlic to taste8 slices of stale breadSalt and pepper
- First chop up the carrots and celery.
- Place the pork ribs, carrots, and celery in 6½ cups of water in a large pan.
- Bring the water to a boil and cook the ribs until the meat can easily come off the bone.
- Slice the onions and let them soak in water.
- Lightly fry the bacon and sausage in organic olive oil.
- When the bacon and sausage become browned add the onions and allow the meat and onion mixture to dry slightly.
- Add two ladles of the pork stock from the pork ribs to the mixture.
- Let it come to a boil and then simmer.
- You may need to add more stock.
- Lastly, remove the pork ribs from the remaining stock.
- Also remove the bone.
- Add the meat with remaining broth to the onion mixture.
- Serve in bowls over the stale bread slices.
- Try this recipe with Italian olive oil for the best tasting Tuscan Cipollata!