Recipe Provided By the California Avocado Commission
Give the traditional tart a savory makeover with the zesty taste of basil and tomatoes and California Avocados lend smooth, creamy goodness to the light cream cheese filling.
Tomato-Basil Avocado Tart
Give the traditional tart a savory makeover with the zesty taste of basil and tomatoes and California Avocados.
1 (9-inch) refrigerated ready-to-unroll pie crust4 oz. whipped reduced fat cream cheese1 tsp. skim milk3 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped1 California avocado, peeled and sliced5 red cherry tomatoes, cut in half5 yellow cherry tomatoes, cut in half1 tsp. Garlic and Herb seasoning
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place piecrust into 9-inch tart pan and gently press down; prick all over with fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden. Cool tart shell completely.
- While piecrust is baking, place cream cheese, 1/2 avocado, milk, 2 tablespoons fresh basil and seasoning in a medium bowl and whisk together.
- Spread cheese mixture evenly in tart shell.
- Arrange avocado slices and tomatoes on top of filling.
- Sprinkle with left over basil and serve.