Tiato Rolls are a refreshing veggie treat.
1 Package firm tofu – cut into 3” x 1/2” batons1/2 Zucchini – cut into 3” x 1/2” batons1/2 Chinese eggplant – cut into 3” x 1/2” batons1/2 Sweet potato – cut into 3” x 1/2” batons16 Tia tô leaves (Vietnamese Perilla)16 Thai basil leaves4 sheets Rice paper4 sheets Sesame soy wrappers8 oz Sweet Cilantro Chili SauceSalt, pepper, sugar to sprinkleCILANTRO CHILI SAUCE2 T Garlic – minced1 C Sugar1 C Seasoned rice wine vinegar1 T Red chilies – chopped2 T Cilantro – chopped1 t Fish sauce1 t Fresh lime juice
- SAUCE PREPARATION
- Add garlic, rice vinegar, and sugar in a pot.
- Reduce the liquid until golden in color, or about 3/4
- C remains. Add cilantro, chopped chilies, lime juice
- and fish sauce.
- ROLL PREPARATION
- Fry all vegetables until light golden brown and
- tender. Marinate zucchini and eggplant with Cilantro
- Chili Sauce. Season sweet potato and tofu with salt,
- pepper and a pinch of sugar.
- TO ASSEMBLE
- Soak rice paper in warm water just enough to slightly
- soften. About 7 seconds. Place soaked rice paper
- flat on work surface. Place soy paper on center of
- rice paper. Proceed with a line of both herbs. Layer
- vegetables on top of the herbs. Wrap base of spring
- roll over veggies, and continue to roll to make a tight
- cylinder being careful not to wrap too tight as the
- wrapper will break.