Contributed by: Chef Tom Hope, TAPS Fish House & Brewery - Brea, TAPS Fish House & Brewery - Corona, TAPS Fish House & Brewery - Irvine
Maiale Pizza – Arrabbiata Sauce
Maiale Pizza is a delicious, spicy, signature pizza of Chef Tom Hope and TAPS Fish House & Brewery here in Southern California consisting of Bacon, fennel sausage, salami, quanchale, tomatoes, mozzarella and arrabbiata sauce.
- 2 Cans Ground tomatoes
- 1 C Garlic cloves
- 3 C Mirepoix (celery, carrots and onions)
- 3 T Crushed red peppers
- 2 C Red wine
- 1 C Basil – chopped
- Add canola oil to a hot pot and heat until hot.
- Add the garlic and let it cook until the garlic is golden in color.
- Add the mirepoix and let it cook.
- Add the red wine and let it reduce until half of his original volume.
- Add the ground canned tomato and the crushed red peppers.
- Let it boil for a couple seconds and finish the sauce adding the chopped basil.