Contributed by: Chef John Ledbetter
Barbeque Chicken Tamale Pancake
The Tamale Pancakes at Lark Creek Newport Beach crafted by Chef John Ledbetter take a fun spin on two popular classics.
- Tamale Pancake Batter
- 20# Masa Dough (for tortillas)
- 1/2 gallon Whole Milk
- 1/2 gallon Heavy cream
- 1 Jalapeno Chile without seeds – minced
- 1 C Fresh Corn Kernels
- 6 Red bell peppers
- Combine corn kernels, Jalapeno, whole milk, Masa Harina, salt and pepper in a heavy large saucepan over medium heat; cook until liquid is absorbed and mixture is thick (stirring frequently) about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Stir in bell pepper, green onions and cilantro.
- Mix 1T butter and baking soda in small bowl.
- Stir butter mixture into batter (batter will be very thick). Cool completely. (Can be prepared ahead. Cover and refrigerate).