Sweet & Sour Pickles are sure to add some excitement to any holiday dish!
Sweet & Sour Pickles
- 10 kirby cucumbers, sliced thin on a round
- 2 cups white wine vinegar
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 T salt
- 2 T pickling spice (bay leaves, all spice, peppercorns, coriander, yellow mustard seeds, caraway seeds)
- Put all the ingredients except the cucumbers in a medium pot and bring to a boil.
- Strain the liquid over the sliced cucumbers and cover the container with plastic wrap.
- Let cool at room temperature, then refrigerate.
- Can be served on a hamburger or hot dog or eaten as is!