Stuffed Burger with Avocado Tomatillo Ketchup
This stuffed burger filled with seasoned goat cheese and Fresh California Avocado then topped with Avocado Tomatillo Ketchup is bursting with flavor!
For the Burger: 1 lb. (90/10 lean to fat ratio) ground beef2 tsp. ground chipotle seasoning1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro⅔ ripe, Fresh California Avocado, mashed2 ½ oz. goat cheese1 Tbsp. thinly sliced scallion, white and light green parts only¼ tsp. sea saltWater, as needed4 whole wheat hamburger buns6 Tbsp. California Avocado Tomatillo Ketchup1 cup chopped romaine lettuce1 beefsteak tomato, slicedFor the Fresh California Avocado Tomatillo Ketchup (Yield ¾ cup): ½ cup salsa verde⅓ ripe, Fresh California Avocado1 serrano chile, roasted and seeded (optional)1 tsp. minced scallion, white and light green parts only1 Tbsp. lime juice
- Mix together the ground beef, chipotle seasoning and cilantro.
- Separate into 8 portions and pat each into 3 ½-inch circles.
- Mix together the mashed Fresh California Avocado, goat cheese, scallion and salt.
- Top half of the patties with the avocado mixture and spread to within ¼ inch of the edge.
- With your fingers brush the edge of the topped patty with water and then top it with an unfilled patty.
- Press edges to seal tightly, and then press in edges to form a smooth round circle.
- Grill patties on a BBQ or in a non-stick sauté pan, 4-5 minutes per side until cooked.
- While grilling, in a food processer whirl together the salsa verde, California Avocado for the ketchup, serrano chile (if desired), scallion and lime juice.
- While grilling toast the whole wheat buns, and top them with romaine lettuce and tomato.
- Place freshly grilled stuffed burgers on top the dressed buns, then top each with 1 ½ Tbsp. of California Avocado Tomatillo Ketchup.
- Use the remaining Ketchup as a dip or salad accent.