Stir Fried Cauliflower Rice
What sets this Cauliflower Stir Fried Rice recipe apart from my previous ones? The main differentiator is that in this recipe I boil the cauliflower florets first, and then shred and sauté.
2 heads cauliflower2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided½ red onion, chopped1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped2 carrots, peeled and chopped1 cup snap peas, cut into 1-inch pieces1 cup fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced1 Tablespoon fresh garlic, minced1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, minced2 eggs, beaten2 Tablespoons mirin3 Tablespoons coconut aminos1 Tablespoon sesame oilSea saltBlack pepper2 Tablespoons fresh scallions, chopped for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Remove the leaves and stem from the cauliflowers and cut into large florets.
- Place the florets in the boiling water.
- Drain after 5 minutes.
- Run the soft florets through a food processor using the grating attachment.
- Set aside.
- Dry the pot and place it over medium high heat.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Add the onion, bell pepper and carrots.
- Cook, stirring often, for 6 minutes, until tender.
- Add the snap peas and mushrooms and continue to cook for another 4 minutes.
- Transfer the veggies to a bowl and wipe out the pot.
- Place the pot back over medium high heat.
- Add the remaining 1 Tablespoon of olive oil, garlic and ginger.
- Cook for 3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the grated cauliflower, stir and cook for 4 minutes.
- Create a well in the center of the cauliflower rice and pour in the beaten eggs.
- Mix until fully incorporated with the cauliflower rice.
- Add the mirin, coconut aminos and sesame oil to the pot, mixing well.
- Add back in the veggies and mix to combine.
- Season generously with salt and pepper and continue to cook for another 3 minutes.
- Serve with sliced scallions as garnish. Enjoy!