Spicy Vegan Lemongrass Soup
Spicy Vegan Lemongrass Soup by Chef Saifon Plewtong at True Seasons Organic Kitchen. A perfect recipe for fall when all the gourds are in season. You can even serve it in a pumpkin. Chef’s Note: Enjoy my oil, dairy and gluten freerecipe with no sugar added. You can substitute orchange any vegetables that you like.
- ORGANIC VEGETABLES
- 1/2 C Kumbucha squash – cut into 3/4 inch thick slices
- 1/2 C Butternut squash – cut into 3/4 inch thick slices
- 1 C Kale – chopped
- 1 C Red Chard – chopped
- 1/2 C Carrot – diced
- 2 t Green onion – chopped
- 1/2 C Zucchini- sliced1Purple onion – cut in to 3/4 inch thick
- 1/4 C Cilantro – finely chopped for garnish
- SPICY LEMONGRASS SOUP BASE
- 1/4 C Lemongrass – chopped
- 3 t Garlic
- 1 t Coriander seed (dry)
- 2 t Sea salt
- 5 Kaffir lime leaves
- 1 Tumaric (small root)
- 1 Galangal- cut in 3 small pieces
- Fresh lime juice
- 1/2 C Guajillo dry chili pepper (5 large peppers)
- 1/2 Cup water
- Mixed all Soup Base ingredients in vita mix for about 2 minutes.
- Boil 3 cups of water, add soup base mixture and all vegetables.
- Season to taste with more lime or lemon juice for a more sour taste, and more fresh Chili or Chili powder for extra spice.