Spicy & Soft Molasses Cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup dark molasses
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar sugar for rolling
- 1. Preheat oven to 375° and spray with a non-stick cooking spray or oil.
- 2. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, and salt in a small bowl.
- 3. Whisk egg, butter, granulated sugar, molasses, and brown sugar in a medium bowl.
- 4. Mix in dry ingredients and combine.
- 5. Scoop out dough by the tablespoonful and roll into balls and if the dough feels sticky go ahead and chill for20 minutes.
- 6. Place the sugar in a shallow bowl.
- 7. Roll the balls of dough in sugar and place on greased baking sheets. Spacing 2″ apart.
- 8. Bake cookies and try to turn the pans half way through cooking time.
- 9. The cookies should are ready when they look puffed, cracked, and just set around edges. If the cookies are over baked they will not be chewy.
- 10. Bake about 8–10 minutes and transfer to wire racks and let cool.