Spicy Kale and Coconut Stir Fry
2 Tbsp. coconut oil2 eggs, beaten with a dash of salt2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced½ bunch green onions, thinly sliced (about ¾ cup)Optional: 1 cup vegetables, thinly sliced [like bell pepper, carrot, Brussels sprouts]1 medium bunch kale, ribs removed and leaves finely shredded¼ tsp. fine grain sea salt¾ cup unsweetened coconut flakes2 cups brown rice, cooked and chilled2 tsp. reduced-sodium tamari or soy sauce2tsp. chili garlic sauce or sriracha1 lime, halvedFresh cilantro, for garnish
- • Step 1: Heat wok over medium-high heat. Add 1 tsp. oil and pour in eggs; cook until eggs are scrambled. Transfer to empty bowl.
- • Step 2: Add 1 Tbsp. of oil to wok and combine garlic, onions and optional additional vegetables. Cook for 30 seconds or until the vegetables are tender.
- • Step 3: Add kale and ¼ tsp. salt. Cook until the kale is wilted and tender. Transfer contents to your the of eggs.
- • Step 4: Add remaining 2 tsp. oil to wok.
- • Step 5: Pour in coconut flakes and cook, until flakes are lightly golden.
- • Step 6: Add rice and cook, until rice is hot, 3 minutes.
- • Step 7: Pour contents of the bowl back into the pan. Step 8: Add 2 tsp. tamari and hot sauce. Stir to combine
- • Step 9: Transfer contents to serving plates and squeeze the juice of ½ a lime over the dish. Garnish with torn cilantro leaves and wedges